First up a pose from the chefs! :)
Oh look what Danica brought me! :) A cool tee shirt with her blog name on it! :) I'm a lucky girl! I saw how many entries she had on her blog posts that she gives these away on! :) whoohoo
Ingredients gathered around!
mmm everything is better with cheese!
Tried some pepperoni versions too!
Danica caught me reading out my list. I always make these as I cook.
Even post points next to the items I use! :)
Diced up small! Mushrooms, bell peppers, black olives, & onions. I cooked each of these until soft before we got started.
Added cheese... I like to weigh it out to be exact. :)
Added the pizza sauce, a lil pepper, & mixed it all up.
divided it into 3 sections
Took out 3 wrappers...
Put Danica to work! Wrap girl wrap! :)
All lined up, ready to bake! Gave them a little PAM spray. Cooked them for 15 min at 400 degrees. We did flip them about 1/2 way.
3 pointsplus each
3 Egg roll wrappers
2 ounces low fat mozzarella cheese
2 TB onion
2 TB bell pepper
2 TB mushroom
1 TB chopped black olives
2 teaspoons shredded romano cheese
1/4 C pizza sauce
* Turkey pepperoni used in some
* topping possibilities are ENDLESS! :)
Danica brought over the AMAZING salad ingredients!
Plus this great tasting dressing that she got from the peeps at Wishbone.
It was delicious & check out the Weight Watcher friendly stats! WOW!
WOW... Lettuce, shredded carrots, strawberries, crumbled turkey bacon, feta cheese, candied walnuts & that great dressing all for ONLY 3 pointsplus! YUM!
Oh look what's ready to EAT!
Dipping sauces ready to go! Ranch & pizza sauce!
mmm DIG IN! 3 PointsPlus each!
YUM! Not as crispy as I would have liked but I agreed with Danica, these were delicious even without being super crisp!
The salad was SO GOOD that I wanted to lick the bowl....so I did! lol :)
Dessert too! :)
Original recipe from Martha Stewart (thanks Martha!)
I had no poppy seeds so I used CHA CHA CHA CHIA SEEDS! :) I tripled the recipe and made 60 cookies adding them to the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder to get:
1 pointsplus each (or 2 for 2!!)
LEMON POPPY SEED COOKIES
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, egg yolks, poppy seeds, oil, lemon zest, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until combined (dough will be dry).
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake cookies until golden brown, 10 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies while hot to wire racks and let cool completely. (Store in an airtight container, up to 5 days.)
I had a FUN day cooking and getting together with fellow blogger & friend Danica! Thanks so much for coming over! We gotta plan our next cooking experiment soon! :)
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! :) Anyone got FUN weekend plans going on? We are supposed to get more RAIN :( But I am excited to be setting the clocks back! :) Yippeee for that! Does daylight savings make you happy? lol